|This is how I would describe my feeling of accomplishment|
Here are some things that I do to try and encourage myself to keep going and finish. I hope you will find one of these five tips useful in helping you get over that hump we all have to get over when things get a little difficult on our various journeys:
1. Visualize the end: For example, when I was working towards my degree I always knew what job I wanted to apply to and I kept in touch with people in that field because where they are is where I knew I wanted to be some day. I am doing the same thing with my current lifestyle adjustment and workout plans, I stay looking at before/after pictures of other people to keep me motivated.
2. NEVER put an unfinished project away. When you put that project away, it is human nature to adapt the "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy. That unfinished blanket you were crocheting for your friend's daughter will remain unfinished for 10 years if you toss it away in a closet and forget about it [#truestory].
3. Set a goal, work at your own pace. Never let the people around you make you think you are taking too long, moving too slow OR going too fast for that matter. Remember your goal is to finish what you start -- but in the end you have to make sure YOU did things to YOUR satisfaction and that it was done the way YOU wanted it to be done.
4. Ask for help. It is okay to ask for help, as they say "team work makes the dream work" and I do believe that applies some of the time. Sometimes you need a tutor to help you understand your school work, you might need an editor if you're writing a book, and you may need an investor to help finance your dream business.
5. P.U.S.H. yourself to finish. Pray Until Something Happens. This might mean working on your days "off" or working through the pain. That is all part of the sacrifice you sometimes have to make in order to finish the things you start. Pray your way through whatever it is. The value of what you started will only be as good as the time you invest in it.
Like I said, these are just a few of the ways I motivate myself to finish the various things that I start. I'm so stubborn sometimes that I have to get even more creative to motivate myself but I always start with at least one of the above. If you are a fellow Queen B of starting and not finishing things like myself, at least one or all of these tips will help you. Trust me, you will start to feel better about yourself once you actually notice yourself finishing things, instead of leaving them undone. You will then realize that the wonderful feeling of accomplishment cannot be beat.
"The world would be a better place if everyone found their T.R.U. S.T.Y.L. within."